Slip and Fall accidents are very common incidents that occur every day with millions of people. However, the injury caused due to them depends on the velocity of the fall. It has happened that people had to visit the emergency room due to such accidents. However, the resulting injuries are of concern when it is serious enough to suffer personal and financial losses both.
Many questions come to our mind after this incident. The main questions include:
- How serious is your injury?
- How much time will it take to heal?
- If you have incurred a back injury? How serious is your injury?
- Can you claim for these losses in case you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence?
- How much compensation can you get?
For the last two questions, if you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, then you can claim for losses with the help of your slip and fall lawyer. The RSH legal-Iowa Personal Injury Attorneys are one of the best here who can help you fight your case and win it. They have around decades of experience in this personal injury, disability, and employment law cases.
What are the common injuries that would incur?
The most common ones include:
- Broken bones: A sudden accident can lead to pressure on the bone causing it to break. This usually occurs due to old age or when your bone is more fragile than anyone else. The most common broken bones are caused by hip, wrist, and ankle fractures.
- Sprained ankles and wrists: When you fall, sometimes the ligaments of your wrist or ankles can tear off leading to a sprain. As the ligaments do not receive a lot of blood, there might be chances that these sprains will take a lot of time to heal.
- Knee damage: When you twist during the fall, you might suffer from knee damage. You might also suffer from the dislocation of your patella.
- Shoulder dislocation and muscle strain: When this happens, you might have to deal with surgery
- Spine and Nerve damage: This can be from direct trauma caused due to stretching or cuts.
- Brain injury: This might also occur when you hit your head. This can cause serious harm and be dangerous for your life.
- Cuts and bruises: Though this is not so serious injury, a disfigurement can lead to losses in certain cases
- Soft tissue injury: This is an injury caused to your muscles, tendons, or ligaments
So, if you want to claim, you need to have such injuries to make a case against the property owner.
Discussion about this post