Are you looking for the best medical solution for your company? Buyers like you care about the actual total implementation cost (TCO), the entire list of features, vendor reliability, user ratings, and the pros and drawbacks. We will compare the two software products in this article:
Although eClinicalWorks has a higher total cost of ownership (TCO) than AdvancedMD, AdvancedMD has the same score (97/100) as eClinicalWorks. In addition, users of eClinicalWorks get access to more features (8) than those of AdvancedMD (5).
eClinicalWorks EMR Software
More than 130,000 physicians in the United States and 850,000+ medical professionals globally use eClinicalWorks EMR Software. This award-winning provider provides integrated EHR, Practice Management, Population Health, and Revenue Cycle Management solutions and services. In addition, ambulatory offices, urgent care centers, ACOs, hospitals, and more than 50 specialties can use the provider’s on-premise and web-based solutions.
To move from traditional EHR to eClinicalWorks EHR software easier, the business offers free data conversion and transfer services. In addition, the provider provides free first implementation services and on-site training for 1-9 physician practices.
eClinicalWorks EMR software offers revenue cycle management services for 2.9 percent of monthly collected revenue with no start-up fees. Compared to other top medical billing suppliers, who charge between 5 and 12 percent of collections, this is a substantially reduced rate. However, the medical billing firm eClinicalWorks has been accused of nickel and diming clients with a slew of hidden fees.
eClinicalWorks V11, the most recent software update, promises improved patient safety and gives physicians access to Eva. This virtual assistant helps clinicians recall patient histories, compare current and previous progress notes, and includes credit card payment with a card on file and interoperability to aid in care coordination. In addition, a web browser, smartphone, or iPad may be used to access eClinicalWorks EHR for MAC and PC.
In addition, eClinicalWorks EMR was one of the first EHR suppliers to create and launch an opioid misuse tool, which will assist physicians in estimating patient risk and suggesting alternate medicines. The business wants to help doctors follow treatment guidelines more closely, enhancing the safety of restricted prescription drugs and preventing and detecting opioid addiction and misuse.
eClinicalWorks EMR offers its HIPAA-compliant telemedicine software, Healow, unlike many of its competitors. Patients may see their patient data and contact their doctors in a timely and secure manner using this software. The telemedicine software is offered as a standalone solution for practices to electronic medical record customers.
Advantages of eClinicalWorks EMR Software:
- eClinicalWorks provides the fastest possible access to user information and improved uptime, scalability, and continuous high-speed connectivity, with nine data centers strategically located on the eClinicalWorks EMR Grid cloud.
- Healow, and eClinicalWorks patient interaction software, are compatible with a variety of wearables and fitness applications. This implies that information from these devices is automatically sent to a patient’s Healow health record.
- The practice management software eClinicalWorks has a built-in e-fax server at no extra charge.
- Clients wishing to migrate from other electronic medical record providers can use eClinicalWorks’ simple and free conversion kits.
Disadvantages of eClinicalWorks EMR Software:
- In 2017, eClinicalWorks EMR was sued under the False Claims Act, which it had to settle with the Department of Justice. For the following five years, the firm must perform a regular independent software quality assessment and provide the results and suggestions to the government.
AdvancedMD EMR Software
Independent practices can use the AdvancedMD EHR software suite. The vendor, located in South Jordan, Utah, was founded in 1999 and now services over 22,500 practitioners across 8,000 practices and 600 medical billing firms around the country. The AdvancedMD billing software processes over 3.5 million insurance claim every month.
Practice management, electronic health records, telemedicine, patient relationship management, business analytics reporting, and physician performance benchmarking are just a few of the features. In addition, for clinics that want to employ a third-party billing provider, AdvancedMD EHR Software has a versatile outsourced billing option.
AdvancedMD EMR software is an ONC 2014 Certified EHR that complies with all MACRA and HIPAA regulations and is browser agnostic (runs on nearly any device, including Mac and Windows operating systems). In addition, AdvancedMobile, a smartphone app, allows mobile users to stay connected at the point of care.
AdvancedMD EHR recently released a smart practice dashboard that presents a practice’s frequently performed workflow elements in a single spot, making it easier and faster to handle activities. In addition, the user receives a planned snapshot and task lists that display work volume and essential things that prioritize which aspects are most important.
Advantages of AdvancedMD EMR Software:
- Provides a variety of services.
- Has a “smart dashboard” for showing prioritizing, process aspects, and warnings in practice.
- AdvancedMD has established itself as a pioneer in the field of telemedicine integration.
- Get paid for referring clients.
- Product Advisory Group provides direct access to engineers to practices.
Disadvantages of AdvancedMD EMR Software:
- For a small practice, this may be considered prohibitively expensive.
- They provide “add-on items” that may be mistaken for part of the base bundle. Make sure you fully comprehend your agreement and implementation bundle to avoid any unpleasant surprises later on.
- Offer conferences and training, but at a high expense, particularly if travel is required.
The eClinicalWorks EMR Software pricing plan starts at $499.00 per month per user. AdvancedMD, on the other hand, offers a variety of price choices. Small practices with modest patient volume are eligible for encounter-based pricing, which is $1.42 per encounter for standalone products and $2.18 per encounter for integrated software. The combined EMR and PM are priced at $729/month/provider for the regular monthly subscription model. Would you please click the Get Pricing button to receive a personalized quotation?
If you request a demo of eClinicalWorks EMR Software or AdvancedMD EMR Software, you can click the “Watch Demo” button.
According to FindEMR, these are the top reviews for eClinicalWorks EMR software and AdvancedMD EMR software.
Micael from Hope Family Health Center.
It was helpful to have a place to write notes to other individuals or oneself about the experience. In addition, I had a separate zone for changeless messages for everyone to view rather than individual statements in the diagram allowed for usability and recording of recurrent difficulties with a single patient.
However, there was one day when significant changes to the product were made without prior notice to the customers.
The preparation was not what I expected at first. In any event, online courses have grown in popularity as the ease with which they may be viewed and printed has improved.
Elbert from PJSC Slavuta Plant.
Interesting data, a well-designed and user-friendly interface, and a variety of alternatives and points of view. This product has much promise, and it’s becoming better with each update. First, however, there is a great deal of valuable information.
Crystal from Low T Physician Services
From the same window, we can handle insurance claims, evaluate modifications, and scrub them. Our hospital’s billing has become a lot easier as a result of it. Automated write-offs should be implemented.
Erin from Associated Retinal Consultants
The system interface is fantastic, and the automatic recommendations make inputting data a breeze. In addition, because of the numerous alternatives accessible, we can access any form of a report. The payment mechanism for insurance firms, on the other hand, is not very user-friendly and needs to be improved.