Today is the internet era. No task can be accomplished without the internet. That is why people set up modems in their homes to have 24/7 access to the internet. However, the WiFi modems are not able to provide high-speed internet in all the corners of a home. So, people always look for the best alternative to speed up their home WiFi network. To fulfill this demand, Netgear introduced WiFi routers that are capable of amplifying the WiFi signals of the modem. But, now the question arises, ‘how to perform Netgear router setup?’ Because a lot of users find the setup process a bit complex.
So, if you are looking for an easy guide for Netgear router setup, we are here to help you. We will provide you step-by-step guidelines to configure your WiFi device. So, read on.
Speed Up Your Home WiFi Network With Netgear Router
Follow the steps given below to perform Nighthawk router setup:
- Unbox Your Nighthawk Router
- Let’s start with unboxing your WiFi device.
- Do not forget to take out the Ethernet cable, power adapter, antennas, and Netgear user manual. Be careful while unboxing so that none of the router’s accessories get damaged.
- Switch On Your Nighthawk Router
- After unboxing, connect your Netgear Nighthawk router to the power adapter and plug it into a wall socket
- Switch on the Power button.
- Allow the LED lights on your Netgear Nighthawk router to turn green.
- Connect Your Nighthawk Router and Modem
- Now, grab the Ethernet cable that came along with your router.
- Make a finger-tight connection between your Netgear Nighthawk router and modem using the Ethernet cable.
- Turn On Your PC
- Once your WiFi devices get connected, switch on your PC.
- Open a web browser that you usually access. But, make sure that it is updated. Also, clear its browsing history, cookies, and cache to avoid any issue while router setup.
- Thereafter, head towards the address bar and type routerlogin.net in it.
- Press the Enter key.
Note: If you get an error message like routerlogin not working, then try using 192.168.1.1 IP address.
- Log in to Your Netgear Nighthawk Router
- You will be prompted to log in to your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- So, type the default username and password of your Nighthawk router in the required fields. You can refer to the Netgear user manual for the default login credentials.
- Once done, click the Log In button.
- Set Up your Nighthawk Router
- After the Nighthawk router login, a set of instructions will be displayed on your screen.
- Follow the instructions carefully and complete the Netgear router setup process.
Now, you can access the high-speed internet in your home by connecting your WiFi-compatible devices to the Netgear router’s network.
Perform Netgear Extender Setup
Netgear is not limited to the router only. To make your internet experience more efficient, Netgear introduced its wireless range extenders. The Netgear extender has the ability to amplify the router’s WiFi signals and has higher connectivity than the router.
If you are not satisfied with the WiFi speed of your router, then perform Netgear nighthawk extender setup. You can configure your Netgear extender using the WPS method. All you need is to turn on your extender and look for the WPS button. Once found, press it and you’re done. Your WiFi range extender is now ready to provide blazing-fast internet in every corner of your home.
Without the internet, you can’t make pace with the dynamic world. So, set up Netgear WiFi devices in your home and enjoy the lag-free internet. If you liked reading the article, then feel free to leave a word of appreciation in the comment section.
click here for more articles