A visa known as the UK Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visa is available to young people under the age of 30 who are interested in working and living in the United Kingdom.
Therefore, the Tier 5 youth mobility visa for the United Kingdom is reserved exclusively for young people who are under the age of thirty years old. Furthermore, this visa is valid for up to two years. Once it has been approved, the holder is permitted to enter, reside in, and depart the United Kingdom at any time during the period that this visa is valid.
Despite this, there are a few distinct visa categories, including Entry Clearance (EC), Leave Clearance (LC), and Transit Clearance (TC). The “Entry Clearance” (EC) visa category is designed for people who are not British citizens.
It grants the holder permission to enter and remain in the United Kingdom for a predetermined amount of time. While an “Entry Clearance” (EC) cannot be granted to a foreign national for the reason that they are travelling to the United Kingdom, a foreign national may be granted a “Leave to Enter” (LE) after they have already entered the country.
However, you can only get the UK Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visa once; after that, you won’t be able to apply for it again even if you want to.
This is because the visa is only given out to young people who have demonstrated exceptional potential. You have up to six months before your trip to the UK to submit your application for this particular visa.
In this article, you will learn the steps involved in applying for this visa, as well as the eligibility requirements and any other information that is necessary for you to have concerning it.
Who is Eligible to Apply for a Visa under the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme?
No young people from any part of the world are eligible for the Youth Mobility Scheme Visa. Instead, there are certain countries whose young people are eligible for this particular type of visa.
If a young person in that nation satisfies the eligibility requirements and is between the ages of 18 and 30, they are eligible to apply for the programme. As a result, the following is a list of the countries whose young people can take advantage of this visa:
- The New Zealanders
- Hong Kong
- The Democratic People’s Republic of Korea;
- Citizens of the United Kingdom
- Citizens of the United Kingdom Residing Abroad
- Citizens of one of the British Overseas Territories.
Advantages of Obtaining a Visa Under the Youth Mobility Scheme
Every person who is granted a visa under the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme is eligible to receive certain benefits. Such benefits are:
- Sign up for academic programmes in the UK;
- Get almost any job;
- Engage in self-employment and establish a company (the company premises cannot be owned but must be rented instead; there should be no employees, and the value of company equipment should not exceed £5,000);
Instructions on How to Apply for a Visa Under the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme
Applicants for a visa under the UK Youth Mobility Scheme are required to adhere to the following procedures:
- Apply for the visa from a location outside of the UK by submitting an online application.
- You are required to provide evidence of your identity as part of the application process that you have submitted. The manner in which you do this is determined by both your country of origin and the kind of passport you have.
- Take advantage of the biometric capturing option: in order to obtain a biometric residence permit, you will need to have your fingerprints and a photograph taken at a visa application centre.
- Make a digital copy of your identity document by using the “UK Immigration ID Check” app to make a digital copy of your identity document.
- You will either create a new account with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) or sign in to an existing one to apply for a visa. You will be given the subsequent instruction once you reach this point.
In the event that you require an appointment, the centre may need to hold onto your passport and other documents while they process your application.
You will not automatically be considered a citizen of the United Kingdom if you give birth to a child while living in the UK.
You, on the other hand, will submit an online application for your visa as your dependent. If you want to travel into and out of the UK with your child, you are going to need to comply with this requirement.
In addition to this, you will be required to present a full birth certificate issued in the United Kingdom for each of your children, indicating the names of both of their parents.
Required Documents you must provide
You are going to be required to provide the following documents in order to be considered for a Youth Mobility Scheme Visa:
- A current passport or another form of government-issued identification that demonstrates both your identity and nationality.
- A statement from your bank indicating that you have a minimum of $2,530 in savings.
- The results of your tuberculosis (TB) test, if you are from a country that requires its citizens to undergo the screening.
In order to get your visa, you will need a page in your passport that is blank.
Documents that are not written in English or Welsh will require you to provide a translation that has been certified.
- Additionally, depending on the specifics of your situation, you might be required to submit additional documentation.
Conditions for obtaining a visa to participate in the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme with an EC or LR
The following requirements must be met by any non-citizen who wishes to submit an application for an EC visa under Tier 4 for a child student:
- In order to submit an application for a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Student visa, you are required to meet the general requirements.
- Thirty points are awarded for correctly identifying one’s nationality in accordance with the passport. The candidate needs to be a citizen of Australia, Canada, Hong Kong – special administrative region, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Taiwan, or South Korea, or have a passport from one of those countries; alternatively, they can be a citizen of the British overseas territories, a citizen of the British overseas countries, or a British national who lives outside the UK.
- Ten points for reaching the minimum age requirement (as shown in the passport). The prospective employee’s age should fall between 18 and 30 years old.
- 10 points for maintenance. The candidate needs to demonstrate that he has at least 1,890 pounds in savings to cover his living expenses and accommodation costs for the duration of his time spent in the UK.
- A certificate stating that they are sponsored by their home country, but only if they are arriving from a nation that does not have a Deemed Sponsorship Status;
- Does not have any children who are financially dependent on them or who live with them;
- Has never had a job that required a Holiday-maker visa or a Tier 5 visa (for the Youth Mobility Scheme);
- Has been extended an invitation to submit an application for the visa. Let’s say the applicant hails from a nation that only allows a certain number of people each year to submit an application for this visa. If this is the case, the applicant needs to have the Invitation to Apply and submit their application during the window of time specified in the invitation.
Qualifications Required for the European Community Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visa
If you are applying for a visa under the European Union’s Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme, you are expected to meet the following criteria.
- Does not receive any form of publicly funded assistance;
- Has a record with the local authorities;
- is unsuccessful in obtaining employment as a professional athlete or as a sports trainer;
- Does not get a job as a doctor or dentist in training – This does not include the situation in which the candidate possesses a degree in medicine or dentistry at the bachelor level or higher that was issued by the UK Higher Education or another Tier 4 sponsor;
- Does not find employment as a trainee in the field of medicine or dentistry;
- Does not become self-employed – With the exception of situations in which the candidate does not own the business buildings, in which the value of the business equipment does not exceed £5,000, and in which there are no other employees.
- Candidates must demonstrate that they meet the requirements to hold an Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) clearance certificate. This condition applies to candidates who were at least 18 years old when they were granted a visa or who will turn 18 before the end of their visa period.
How much does it cost to submit an application for a visa through the Youth Mobility Scheme?
The application fee for this type of visa is currently set at £235.
Are visas for youth mobility programmes accepted in the United Kingdom?
If you are between the ages of 18 and 30 and have the desire to live and work in the United Kingdom for a period of up to two years, you may be eligible to submit an application for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa.
How long does the process take to obtain a visa for youth mobility?
The decision regarding your application will typically be made by UKVI after a period of about three weeks has passed. However, the time it takes to process your visa application could be longer depending on the country in which you are applying.
Does having a youth mobility visa affect one’s eligibility for ILR?
The typical time required to become eligible for ILR benefits is five years. On the other hand, “qualifying” for ILR does not apply to each and every visa category. For example, time spent in the United Kingdom on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa or a student visa does not count towards the maximum allowable stay of five years.
What is the minimum amount of money required to apply for a youth mobility visa?
You need a sufficient amount of money to keep yourself alive. In order to prove that you are able to support yourself while living in the UK, you are required to have a minimum of £2,530 in your bank account. In addition, you are required to have access to the funds for a period of at least 28 days.
Who exactly is qualified to apply for a Youth Mobility visa in the United Kingdom?
This visa is for young people between the ages of 18 and 30 who want to work, travel, and live in the United Kingdom for up to two years. At the moment, in order to submit an application for the Youth Mobility Scheme, one needs to hold a passport from one of the countries that have an exclusive reciprocal agreement with the UK.
If I have a youth mobility visa, am I able to get married?
You can get married while on YMS, and if at all possible, you should give yourself plenty of time to get married and submit an application for a spouse visa before the end of your current YMS visa.
Is it possible to submit a second application for a youth mobility visa?
The Youth Mobility Visa is something that can only be obtained ONCE in a person’s lifetime.
Are Indian nationals eligible to submit an application for a Youth Mobility visa in the UK?
Following the implementation of the invitation to apply arrangements for the Youth Mobility Scheme route, which are outlined in Appendix Youth Mobility Scheme: eligible nationals, and citizens of India will have the opportunity to submit an application for the allocation of places within the programme that can be used by Indians.
How do I submit my application for a visa with Youth Mobility UK?
In order to obtain a biometric residence permit, you will need to submit your application from a location that is not in the UK and visit a visa application centre where your fingerprints and photo will be taken.
After that, you will need to create or sign in to your account with UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) before you can use the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ app to scan your identity document.
If I have a youth mobility visa, am I able to work?
If you are granted a Youth Mobility Scheme visa, you will be permitted to work in the United Kingdom in any capacity other than that of a professional athlete or sports coach.
When applying for a youth mobility visa, do you need a sponsor?
You are required to have a valid certificate of sponsorship and a confirmed offer of employment from a licenced UK employer in order to be eligible for the temporary worker category.
How long can you remain in the United Kingdom if you have a European Union Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visa?
In this visa category, an EC can only be issued for a period of two years.
I have a Youth Mobility Scheme Visa under Tier 5, is it possible to extend it?
This visa cannot be extended in any way. Because of this, it is clear that there is no way to extend the validity of this visa. No one is permitted to submit an application for an LR under this visa category in order to extend their stay beyond the EC or LE that is already granted on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme visa.
Can I change my visa to one under the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme?
It is not possible to switch from one type of visa to another in order to obtain a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme Visa.
You should now be familiar with the process of applying for a visa through the UK Youth Mobility Scheme.