Today, our life is revolving around the internet. The internet lets us connect in one way or another. From education to entertainment, everything is dependent on a blazing-fast internet connection. That is why people perform Netgear extender setup in their homes. Installing a Netgear WiFi range extender allows them to use the unlimited internet in each and every corner of their homes.
But, users forget to limit their internet usage time in the busy lifestyle. They spend a number of hours using the internet in excess that can be harmful for them as well as their device performance. Well, the internet usage time can be fixed with the Access Schedule feature on the Netgear extender. If you also want to limit the internet access on any of your wired or wireless devices for a specific period, then read this article. Here, we will discuss the steps to enable the Access Schedule on your WiFi device.
Steps to Enable Access Schedule on Netgear Extender
Before enabling the Access Schedule on your Netgear extender, make sure that the time zone is properly set on your WiFi device. Now, let’s head towards the steps to enable Access Schedule:
- Turn On Your Netgear Extender
- To begin with, power up your Netgear wireless extender by plugging it into a power source.
- Don’t proceed to the next step until the power LED glows solid green.
- Connect Netgear Extender and Router
- Once your extender gets properly powered up, pick an Ethernet cable.
- Make a strong and precise connection between your Netgear wireless range extender and router using the Ethernet cable.
- Switch On Your Computer
- Now, switch on your computer and launch an internet browser that you often use.
- Move to the address bar of your internet browser and type mywifiext.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- Log in to Your Netgear Extender
- You will be prompted to log in to your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Enter the default username and password of your Netgear wireless extender in the required fields.
- Click the Log In button.
Note: To log in to your Netgear extender via an Apple device, you need to access the mywifiext local page.
- Enable Access Schedule on Your Extender
- On the Netgear Genie page, click Do More > Access Schedule.
- Select the Access Schedule On option.
- Set the date and time you want the internet to be disabled.
- Click on the Add Time option.
- Don’t forget to click the Save button to bring the changes into effect.
Once done, the Access Schedule will be enabled on your Netgear extender and internet access will be disabled on your WiFi-compatible device for a specific time.
Points to Remember While Enabling Access Schedule
- Do not plug your Netgear wireless extender into a damaged wall plug.
- Make sure that the Ethernet cable used to connect your Netgear extender and router is damage-free.
- Use an updated web browser to log in to your wireless extender or it might cause issues while enabling the Access Schedule.
- For a successful Netgear extender login, enter the default username and password of your WiFi device carefully. The default login details are case-sensitive and a little mistake can prevent you from logging into your extender.
- Have an access to a lightning-fast internet connection.
- Avoid refreshing your web browser while enabling the Access Schedule feature on your WiFi device.
- Ensure that your extender and router are placed in the same room and away from WiFi interference devices.
Whether it is a technical device or a human, it is quite important to take a break. Follow the aforementioned steps and enable the Access Schedule on your extender. Let you and your device rest for a while by disabling the internet access for some time.
click here for more articles