Netgear EX3700 extenders are the most preferred choice of users when it comes to accessing a blazing-fast internet connection. The Netgear extenders allow users to connect to the internet in every corner of their home by amplifying the router’s WiFi signals. Users can connect client devices to the extender’s Netgear_ext network name and access high-speed internet. However, some of them are unaware of various other features of Netgear EX3700 extenders.
FastLane Technology is one such amazing feature. Using this feature users can enhance the performance of their range extender by limiting the client devices to a particular band. Want to know how? Read this article to understand what FastLane Technology is and how can you enable it on your Netgear EX3700 extender?
What is FastLane Technology?
The Netgear FastLane Technology aims to boost the extender’s efficiency. When your Netgear EX3700 operates in normal mode, the devices on both 2.4GHz band and 5GHz band connect at the same time. As a result, both frequency bands extend simultaneously and the WiFi performance gets reduced.
In contrast, by enabling FastLane Technology, you can maximize your Netgear EX3700 extender’s performance. The reason being, it allows the WiFi-enabled devices to connect to a dedicated frequency band on your extender. Whereas, the second frequency band can be utilized to establish a connection between your Netgear EX3700 extender and router.
FastLane Technology Will Provide You Two Options:
Option 1: Use the 2.4GHz frequency band to connect your Netgear EX3700 to the client devices and the 5GHz frequency band to connect to the router. You can go for this option if your wireless client devices support the 2.4GHz band and the router supports 5GHz band.
Option 2: Use the 5GHz frequency band to connect the Netgear EX3700 extender to the router and the 2.4GHz frequency band to connect WiFi client devices to the extender. This option is suited best if your wireless client devices on which you play online games and watch movies support the 2.4GHz band.
Out of these two options, you can choose the best one for you and enjoy a seamless internet on your WiFi-enabled devices. Now, let’s head towards the steps to configure FastLane Technology on the Netgear EX3700 extender. But, before that, don’t forget to perform Netgear EX3700 setup properly.
Steps to Enable FastLane Technology on Netgear EX3700
- Plug your Netgear EX3700 range extender into a wall socket and switch on the Power button.
- Wait for the LED light on your Netgear EX3700 extender to become steady.
- Now, connect your Netgear EX3700 extender and router using a damage-free Ethernet cable. Make sure the connection is accurate.
- Once done, open a web browser of your liking on your PC or laptop.
- In the address bar of the web browser, type mywifiext.net and hit Enter.
Note: If you are using an Apple device to configure FastLane Technology on your Netgear EX3700 extender, then access mywifiext.local to log in to your WiFi device.
- The Netgear extender login page will prompt you to log in to your WiFi device.
- Fill in the default username and password into their respective fields and click Log In.
- The Netgear extender setup wizard will be displayed.
- Click the Advanced menu and then select the Operating Mode option.
- Look for the FastLane Technology option.
- Once there, select the suitable option displayed on the screen.
- Thereafter, click Apply and let the changes come into effect.
After enabling FastLane Technology, your client devices will get disconnected from the previous network. So, reconnect your WiFi-enabled devices to the extender’s network and enjoy access to super-fast internet.
Here, our guide to enable FastLane Technology on Netgear Ex3700 extender wraps up. We hope that you found this article helpful and will be able to configure FastLane Technology on your WiFi device without facing any issues.