An invitation Letter for a US Visa is one of the important documents that US citizens and legal residents need to give their invitees in order to bring a family member to the US. If you want to invite someone to the US but aren’t sure how to write an invitation letter for a US Visa, this article will help you out. This article will also help you if you want to visit the United States and don’t know if you need an invitation letter or how to get one.
We hope that this article will show you how to write an invitation letter for a US visa in the best way. It will also give you samples of the letter and other information you need to know about the invitation letter for a US Visa, including samples for both immigrant and non-immigrant visas.
What is a letter inviting you to the US?
You may have been wondering what an invitation letter or an invitation letter for a US Visa is. First, you should know that a letter of invitation for a US Visa is a formal letter that a legal US resident or citizen writes to invite a foreign relative to visit the US.
This letter will also show that the host (inviter) can take care of the guest (invitee) in their home and that the guest will come back when their visa runs out.
Also, the host must show proof of their relationship with the guest and make sure they have enough money to pay for the guest’s stay in the United States.
Note that an invitation letter for a US visa does not mean that the applicant will get a visa. Instead, the applicant must meet other requirements for a US visa. Some of these conditions could be:
• Ways to make a living
• Showing that they have strong ties to their own country
• Then, go through the process of applying for a US visa to get one.
Example of a letter of invitation for a US visa
Below, you can see two examples of invitation letters for a US Visa. From the examples, you can see that the person doing the inviting, called the “sponsor,” has to send one letter to the consular officer and another to the person applying for a US visa. The sponsor can use this letter to invite his parents, other family members, friends, or anyone else he knows.
Sample Letter of Invitation for a US Visa to the Consular Officer
United States Consulate General
[Address of the Consulate]
Dear Honorable Consul,
[Visitor’s Name] – PASSPORT NO XXXXXXXX – Born on [Visitor’s Date of Birth]
My name is [Host’s Name], residing at [Host’s Address] and I am a United States citizen (or lawful permanent resident alien).
I am requesting that you issue a tourist (B2) visa to [Visitor’s Name] who resides at [Visitor’s Address]. This is to allow him to visit me in the United States. We have known and been friends for the past 3 years and I would like him to visit me this summer.
[Visitor’s Name] will be visiting me from [Date of Entry] to [Date of Exit]. This will be a great time because we will both be off work at this time. During his / her stay in the United States, he/she will stay with me at my home at the address stated above.
I will be responsible for his / her accommodation expenses while he/she is in the United States. Upon the termination of his / her visit, he/she will return to [Visitor’s Hometown].
[Visitor’s Name] will be presenting this letter to you, together with other evidence to establish his close ties with [Visitor’s Home Country], and to assure you that he/she will return before the expiration of his / her stay in the United States.
Your kind consideration of this request will be highly appreciated.
[Host’ Phone Number]
The Sample Invitation letter for a US Visa addressed to the guest
(Work): [(xxx) xxx-xxxx]
(Home): [(xxx) xxx-xxxx]
Email: [email address]
I invite you to visit us and spend your vacation in the USA with us. We have planned to visit famous tourist places like [name of tourist places to visit]. It will also be an opportunity for you to see and experience the American culture and lifestyle.
I will be taking care of your entire USA tour expenses, including the round trip airfare, food, housing, medical insurance, and all your other personal expenses.
Herewith I am sending all the required documents for getting the necessary tourist visa from the US Consulate, [Name of US Consulate, e.g. Ottawa Consulate]
Things to think about when writing an invitation letter for a US visa
Both the host and the guest might find it hard to write a letter of invitation. The process of writing it, on the other hand, is very easy. Either the consular officer or the guest should be written on the letter.
When writing it, the sponsor or host must be careful to include all of the required information in the letter, which are:
- Full name of the host.
- Date of birth of the host.
- Address and phone number of the host in the U.S.
- Job of the host.
- The status of the host in the U.S.
- A copy of a document that proves the host’s right to be in the U.S.
- Guest’s full name.
- Date of birth of the guest.
- The address and phone number of the guest.
- Proof of the relationship between the guest and the host.
- What the trip is for.
How long the visitor plans to stay in the United States of America (specific dates).
- Information on where to live and how much it costs to live.
- The host’s name and address.
Remember that this letter does not have to sound official when it is written to the guest. It should be more personal, so you can show that you know the guest well. If the letter of invitation for the United States has the information above, then it is fine.
More Paperwork to Get an Invitation Letter to the USA
Since the Letter of Invitation isn’t required, the host doesn’t have to send anything else with it. But it would be very nice if, along with the Letter of Invitation for a US Visa, the applicant sent any of the following documents.
- A scanned copy of the ID or passport of the host.
- Proof of how to make a living (if the host will financially support the guest).
- Proof that you own or rent your house or apartment.
- A copy of your flight plan for a US visa application.
- You can show proof of your flight itinerary with a fake ticket.
- Affidavit of Support, which is a USCIS Form I-134 that can be found on the USCIS website. This should only be filled out if the host plans to help the guest financially.
How long does it take to get a visa?
The process of applying can take up to or even more than six months. You should apply for your visa as soon as possible, but no later than three months before you want to enter the United States.
Can I bring a friend to the United States?
Inviting someone to come to the U.S. Under US federal law, people who want to visit the US must apply on their own. If a person from another country wants to come to the United States, they must first get a visa.
Why do I need a Letter of Invitation for a US Visa?
For a B2 visa, which is a US Tourist Visa, the applicant will usually have to send in a letter of invitation. Remember that it is not required, but it is strongly suggested. For the letter of invitation to be valid, the host needs to do the following:
- Be a US citizen or lawful permanent resident.
- Give the applicant enough space
- Be your friend, partner, or family member
- Have a place of business (home, flat)
Do you need an invitation letter to get a US visa?
An invitation is not needed, and it can’t even guarantee that a visa will be given. For a tourist or business visa, there are no required documents. Visa applicants must be eligible for the visa based on their own situations, not on what a sponsor says.
How do I make an invitation letter for a US visa?
Hello, [Visitor]! I want to invite you to come to the United States and spend your vacation with us. We plan to go to well-known tourist spots like [name of tourist spots to visit]. It will also give you a chance to see and learn about American culture and way of life.
How do I get someone to come to the United States?
- Fill out Form I-134, Affidavit of Support.
- Invite your guest by writing them a letter.
- Write a formal letter to the US consulate and ask them to please give your guest a visa.
- Add your financial documents to the letter from the Consulate.
What Do You Need to Know to Write an Invitation Letter?
- You must be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the country you want to visit.
- They must be your friend, boyfriend or girlfriend, or a member of your family.
- You must have a place that is on record (home, flat).
- The applicant must have enough room.
How much money do you need in your bank account to get a US tourist visa?
How much money you need in your bank account to get a US tourist visa depends on how long you plan to stay in the country. If the trip is 15 days, you must have between $5,000 and $10,000 in the bank.
What are three things a visitor visa doesn’t let you do?
You can’t do the following things with a visitor’s visa:
- Paid shows or any kind of professional show in front of a paying audience.
- Coming as a member of the crew of a ship or plane.
- Work in the foreign press, radio, film, print journalism, or other information media.
- Living in the United States permanently
We think you now know how to write a letter of invitation for a US visa. With this, you no longer have to worry about it. So, if you want to learn more, check out this website.