A practical reason to invest in attractive and quality cushions and their covers is to induce more comfort and elegance in hard-backed and tough furniture. It’s prudent to look into the aesthetic essence of getting new cushions and adorning your interiors with premium covers.
- To begin with, there’s absolutely no need to settle for matching colors, designs, or patterns.
- Sometimes, matching cushions accompany a new sofa. They blend into the furniture’s color. Don’t go for these stereotypes.
- Replace the same old matching stuff with contrasting cushions that challenge the shade of the sofa and complement the room.
- It’s also important to pick a color palette. Choosing the right colors can provide a harmonious look and feel to your room.
- Usually, a living room has plenty of elements in multiple textures and shades.
- The best way of picking your color palette is to make sure the two to three shades meet certain points.
Coordination is a must
Apart from the cushions, your cushion cover also needs to coordinate with the existing décor. You can pick throw cushions in patterns and colors that blend with the existing palette.
- With bolder prints, the key to success is to balance them with the linen or cushions in warm, neutral tones.
- If your living room entails a neutral color theme, select two to three bold shades for injecting some depth and character into the space. If your room is very neutral, the cushions will be brighter.
- The textures can have layering. Don’t be recalcitrant or apprehensive in combing several textures from silk to velvet to fur.
- You can combine heavy textures and tones with lighter colors across the cushions. It renders a modern and cozy vibe and look.
- You need to remember that amalgamation of different textures can automatically enhance the coziness of your living room.
You can always draw inspiration for cushion covers from unlikely avenues. If you want to update your space, don’t make your sources limited. If you love the print and colors of your favorite scarf or silk bandana, you can use that as an inspiration to make beautiful and rare cushion covers.
There needs to be some variety in the cushion size and shape, which reflects in the cover as well. Same size or shape provides a very regimented and formal look.
In a nutshell
Choose designs that reflect your personality and choice. Animal designs have ceased to be accessories in today’s world.
- Cheerful, vibrant patterns can perk up a sofa. You can choose textured covers and cushions.
- To add more character to your interior, go for appliques, patterns, and beautiful fabrics.
- You can always think about velvet, suede, and fur to attain a sumptuous look. You can settle for designs that integrate the fabrics of leading fabric establishments. Quality is paramount in this regard.
- Woven, embroidered, and beaded cushions provide something different or extra, and add a lot of texture to the product.
The best thing is that you don’t require much time and effort to make these designs. While combing patterns, keep the rule of small, medium, and large in mind.
click here for more articles.