Accountancy, among students belonging to the commerce stream, is infamously considered quite a troublesome subject to tackle. The vast amount of fundamental theory, though a heavy read, is fundamental for building a solid foundation for the students, the most important aspect of accountancy is the practical section. The practical sums, often quite lengthy and detail-oriented, require a good deal of precision and patience to solve, as there is often plenty of room for error in such a case. Due to the slightly unpredictable nature of the problems, it can be hard for students to predict or know what to expect in the examination. For the students of Class 11 to be better equipped to overcome their exams, practice and revision are key.
Studying hard is as important as studying smart. Discipline and regular practice is the most important ingredient in the process of preparation.
Tips to improve the studying method:
- Accountancy being a practical subject automatically means the need for extra focus on sums and daily practice in solving them. Dedicating at least two hours a day to the practical section will not only increase your hold on the subject but will also increase your confidence in general. Confidence in solving the variety of problems presented before them is of essence to the students. Confidence is as important as anything else in accountancy. Being confident and also putting in the effort to study will favor the students.
- Avoid leaving your preparation to the last minute. Being consistent with your schedule is of paramount importance when it comes to handling accounts, which is a time-consuming subject. It is crucial that students’ basics are strong, and that comes with studying and revising the concepts on a day-to-day basis. Furthermore, it reduces their anxiety and stress about the subject. Managing time efficiently and planning their schedule can be of help to them. Planning their schedule can help them cover concepts they might not be able to complete otherwise. It is proven that planning increases efficiency as planning out means that the students have to stick to a schedule and keep completing their tasks day-by-day.
- As important as practical solving is, make sure that the theory is not ignored. The theory is important in understanding the hows and whys of applying these concepts in the examination. It is suggested to thoroughly study the NCERT syllabus and to keep in mind that the paper never strays away from the prescribed syllabus. Adhering to NCERT will be of immense help to the students and will help them strengthen their foundation in accountancy. NCERT textbooks are often taken lightly by the students but they should not underestimate its importance. They build the foundation strongly and also give numerous problems for the students to practice on. Practicing numerous problems will help the students to be ready for whichever type of problem comes in front of them in the examinations.
- Going through illustrations, and sample problems, before working out the exercises is recommended as it helps the students in analyzing questions and exposes them to a variety of scenarios and the different ways that a question can be framed. This is also why solving sample papers is recommended. Solving the sample papers can help the students to understand the question paper pattern. They can also estimate their understanding level in each topic and figure which of the topics needs more focus. They can also constantly evaluate themselves to monitor their progress.
- Revising is an important aspect for scoring in accounts as there are a lot of concepts that need to be revisited. Revising can help students realize what they missed on their first time studying the concept. It also helps them to understand topics clearly and do the needful practice for those concepts. Revising can help them realize what they are lacking and focus more on the topics. Studying is basically to understand what the topics are and how much focus they need. Students need to remember this important factor.
- Students can refer to many guidebooks out there and even refer to online resources. It is widely advised to use Accounting Equations DK Goel Class 11 Solutions for all the students who are struggling to grasp topics such as accounting equations. It provides the right support in understanding the main elements of accounting equations. The explanation provided is structured in a simpler fashion, making comprehension easier for students, along with abundant example questions and exercises dealing with all sorts of question types. It is the ideal study partner and is upheld by teachers and students alike.
- Class 11 is notoriously a tough year for students, who are just starting to learn in-depth about different streams and their intricacies. One of the most important tips, therefore, is to take breaks every now and then and to not pressurize oneself too much. Working through mistakes, taking time to fully understand a particular topic, and setting a steady pace that suits the student is essential to maintain a balance with the mind and body and ensures the reduction of the exam tensity. Taking breaks is a great thing for both the body and mind. This will help the students focus on studying and also take care of their bodies. Students can take breaks in regular intervals by following studying techniques like Pomodoro. Effective techniques like these can be followed.
The steps given above can be followed and implemented to achieve the required improvement in the accountancy subject. Students will develop confidence in themselves by developing their skills. They will find the power to prepare for the exam and score well by persevering and putting in the required efforts.
Discussion about this post