Here’s some good news for Nigerian students looking to get scholarships to study in the UK! The options in this article provide fully-funded scholarships for different study levels in the UK. Let’s look at some of them.
UK Scholarships For Nigerian Students
#1. LSHTM 2023 Masters Scholarships for Developing Countries (Fully-funded)
Donors to the LSHTM Fund made these scholarships possible. The LSHTM Fund, which is supported by hundreds of alumni and supporters, provides scholarships for the next generation of global health professionals. This year’s two scholarships are aimed to assist outstanding candidates who would be unable to pursue a place of study without financial assistance.
The Purpose and Benefits of LSHTM Masters Scholarships
The scholarship grant includes tuition fees (at the abroad fee rate) for 2023-24, as well as any necessary field trip fees, and a tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 19,500.00.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for these scholarships:
- Be nationals of low- to middle-income nations (as defined by the World Bank);
- After completing their MSc year at LSHTM, they intend to return to a low- to a middle-income nation.
- Confirm in writing that they would be unable to pay for the proposed program of study otherwise;
- Meet the minimum English language criteria of LSHTM (as specified by the Admissions system);
- A first or upper-second-class honors undergraduate degree from a UK university, or an equivalent overseas qualification;
- Hold an offer of admission for one of LSHTM’s 19 London-based (intense) MSc programs of study in 2023-24.
Required Documents for Application References
Deadline for Application: March 1, 2023.
How to Apply
There are two steps to the application process.
Step 1: Apply for a 2023-24 MSc programme of study by following the instructions on the relevant programme of study page under the ‘How to Apply’ button. Applicants must submit all required extra admissions documentation (including references) by the scholarship deadline.
Step 2: Fill out an online scholarship application, selecting ‘2023-24 LSHTM Fund Scholarship’ from the drop-down menu. As part of this application, a completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship must be uploaded. Step 2 only requires this attachment (as applicants should already have uploaded references, a CV, passport, transcripts, etc with their admissions application).
#2. University of East Anglia 2023 University of Lagos Law School Scholarship for Nigerian Students
In acknowledgment of the growing cooperation between the UEA Law School and the UNILAG School of Law, the UEA Law School will explore granting a two-for-one tuition fee reduction. Scholarships are available to UNILAG Law Students who are currently enrolled or have just graduated from UNILAG Law School, at the discretion of UEA Law School.
The Purpose and Benefits of the Scholarship Program
The scholarship covers £9250 in tuition fees.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a foreign student.
- Hold a UNILAG diploma.
- Be fluent in the English language.
#3. Online Masters Scholarship by Mastercard Foundation
The Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh will offer three-year part-time online Master’s scholarships and two-year part-time postgraduate diploma scholarships to African students with strong academic and leadership potential but few educational options.
Applicants may apply for either of the following positions:
Online Masters (part-time over three years):
Masters programs are often designed for people who have finished an undergraduate degree and want to gain more specialized knowledge in the same or a related field.
Online Postgraduate Diploma (part-time over 2 years):
Postgraduate diplomas are more vocational and are intended for people considering a career move. Candidates having an undergraduate or Master’s degree from a Sub-Saharan African university may apply (provided they will graduate from either degree before December 2022).
Purpose and Benefits Of The Scholarship Program
The MCF grant will cover the whole tuition, a small study stipend, high-speed internet access, a laptop, and the opportunity to attend an in-person summer school in Africa.
The award is intended to support three years of part-time online study. In addition to financial support, Scholars will take part in activities as part of the University of Edinburgh’s Scholars Program, such as frequent online workshops, online coaching, and support.
Applicants with a postgraduate qualification are not eligible for this grant.
To apply, you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be academically qualified for admission to the University of Edinburgh for one of the above-mentioned degree programs. In general, you must have the equivalent of a UK Second Class (Upper) Bachelor’s (Hons) degree or higher.
- Applicants must have completed their undergraduate studies by December 2022 and have a degree certificate and official, final transcript to attach with their application.
- Female researchers, scholars from refugee and displaced backgrounds, and scholars.
- Applicants must be Sub-Saharan African residents and nationals.
- Applicants must be financially unable to study overseas independently.
- Applicants must have a proven track record of community leadership and service.
- If applying for the Masters programme, applicants must not have previously completed a postgraduate degree and must not be enrolled (or apply to be enrolled) at another university while receiving the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship.
- If you are applying for the PG diploma: Applicants must have an undergraduate or Master’s degree from an institution in Sub-Saharan Africa (provided they will graduate from either degree before December 2022). If you already have a Master’s degree, our admissions team will assess your first degree (undergraduate) to ensure that you match the postgraduate diploma entry criterion. The MCF team will check your Master’s degree transcripts to confirm your University’s graduation date and location.
- Applicants must be 35 or younger on September 1, 2023, to be eligible
#4. LSHTM 2023 GSK Scholarships for Postgraduate Students (Fully-Funded)
The GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders in Sub-Saharan Africa are open to applicants who plan to study in a one-year, full-time, London-based (face-to-face) program at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
This scholarship opportunity is intended to assist the training and development of the next generation of global health leaders, as well as to increase the capacity of African health systems and health-related research.
The Purpose and Benefits of the LSHTM Masters Scholarship
Tuition, including any required field trip fees; and
A GBP 19,500.00 tax-free stipend
Applicants must be:
- Sub-Saharan African nationals or residents of Sub-Saharan African nations;
- They intend to return to Sub-Saharan Africa after finishing their MSc year at LSHTM.
- By sending the supplementary questions form with the tick-box checked, they confirm that they would not be able to pay for the planned program of study otherwise.
- Meet the minimum English language standards of LSHTM;
- A first degree with a first or upper-second-class equivalent; and
- Hold an offer of admission for one of LSHTM’s 19 London-based MSc programmes in 2023-24.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2023.
How to Apply
To apply, go to the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) website.
There are two steps to the application process. Applicants must meet all eligibility criteria and complete both stages stated below before the scholarship deadline of 23:59 (GMT) on Wednesday, March 1, 2023.
Step 1: Apply for a London-based MSc programme of study in 2023-24, following the instructions on the ‘How to Apply’ button on the relevant programme of study website.
Step 2: Submit an online scholarship application, selecting the ‘2023-24 GSK Scholarship for Future Health Leaders’ scholarship option from the drop-down menu. As part of this application, a completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship must be uploaded. Step 2 only requires this attachment (as applicants should have already submitted references; transcripts; a CV etc with their application for study).
#5. University of Bristol 2023 Global Accounting and Finance Postgraduate Scholarship
The University of Bristol seeks applications for a postgraduate fellowship in Global Accounting and Finance in the United Kingdom. Tuition assistance for international postgraduate students studying accounting and finance.
The Purpose and Benefits of the University of Bristol Masters Scholarship
There are four £13,000 scholarships and eight £6,500 scholarships available per year. These grants must be used to cover tuition for a one-year Accounting and Finance master’s program at the Business School.
You are eligible to apply if you have enrolled to begin one of the qualifying accounting and finance MSc programs in September 2023:
- Accounting and Finance Master’s Degree
- Master of Science in Accounting, Finance, and Management
- Master of Science in Banking, Regulation, and Financial Stability
- Finance and Investment Master’s Degree
For fee purposes, you are classified as an international student.
Application Deadline: April 24, 2023.
How to Apply
Apply via the online foreign scholarship application form.
Because the application process for all University of Bristol international scholarships is the same, the rules and criteria are also the same. Before applying, be sure to read the terms & conditions.
#6. University of Bristol 2023 Global Accounting and Finance Postgraduate Scholarship
The Bartlett Promise strives to enable students from underrepresented backgrounds to study at The Bartlett, UCL’s Faculty of the Built Environment. This fellowship is available to applicants who are nationals of a Bartlett-approved list of Sub-Saharan African nations who are pursuing a master’s degree at Bartlett.
The Purpose and Benefits of the Scholarship
- Full foreign tuition fees plus an annual allowance of £16,008 to cover living and study expenses during the program’s standard duration at UCL.
- A trip to and from the UK is also required, as are UK student visa fees, English language assessment fees, health test fees, and the NHS Immigration Health Supplement payment.
- On a first-come, first-served basis, 100 Bartlett Master’s application fee waivers worth £90 each are available.
- Throughout their studies, all Promise scholars will get ongoing academic and career support.
- Be a national of one of the Sub-Saharan African (SSA) countries on The Bartlett’s authorized list 2 and a resident of an eligible SSA country must not have British or dual British citizenship
- Have an unconditional or conditional offer of admission to a Bartlett master’s programme for study in 2023/24, either unconditional or conditional only on English language proficiency
- Be in financial need, according to UCL 3
Application deadline: March 31, 2023.
These are just a number of the scholarships available for Nigerian students in the UK. Having seen the options available for you to explore, go through each carefully and choose which one works best for you.
- How To Get Scholarship In Canada For International Students
- International Scholarships For Nigerian Students
- Kingswood University Scholarships For International Students
- Nipissing University Scholarships For International Students
- SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES UP FOR GRABS